Friday, September 5, 2008

TARGET clearance!

OK, so as a "non-working" mom, I have come to love Target!  From Ann Taylor, Nordy's, GAP, etc..I've resigned myself that Target has become a shopping mecca for our family ;)  I've noticed in the last 4.5 yrs that their merchandise has definitely been upgraded in quality and pricing, esp when on sale, is hard to beat.  We can shop for EVERYTHING (ok, we still go to Safeway for fresh fruits and veggies and Costco for water!) even basic food necessities like milk and bread and cereal if we needed to in one stop shopping.  

If you have never really "shopped" at Target except for bare home knick knacks, the key to the bargains is a) PATIENCE, b) weekdays before the evening rush, and c) mornings when they mark down clearance merchandise even further!  I have resorted to buying clothes here for myself, BUT only if they have been marked down (check out the 50-75% sections!) because almost like the GAP, if you wait a week or two, it's highly probable that whatever you wanted at full price, is marked down.  And for seasonal stuff, you can't go wrong!  Oh, and don't forget the $1 bins by the entrance...yes, they are what I consider "junk" but hey, for a buck, if it allows me an extra 30 min of quiet time, it's worth it :P

Don't get me wrong, I am a slave to fashion....if you haven't heard of a BIRKIN bag, we haven't talked too often? :)  And of course, with my obsession for shoes and handbags, manolos, stuart weitzmans, LVs, Chanels and Tods are still high on my list, oh, and with a couple of trips to the Neiman Marcus Last Call outlet, my sister and I discovered Kate Spade shoes are SOOOO comfy!  I have yet to purchase a pair since wearing 3 in heels, no matter how comfy, doesn't quite go with my current lifestyle: chasing a 4 and 2 year old all over Toy sections and in the backyard?!  For clothes, I love all the cool fabrics and "fashion name brands", but if it requires dry cleaning?  NOT for me.  My kids tend to use my clothes as a napkin or dress up clothes?!  

Anyways, I digress...if any of you have school aged kids or need seasonal stuff, Target marked down A LOT of their stuff this AM!  I got Kaitlyn a bag for her softball bats/clothes for $2.50!  I had to restrain myself from buying more JUNK...but did get Maddie cool pink hangers for $1.50 for a 20 pack!  They were marking down all college/back to school stuff :)

Yes, this is what me and Boo Boo do while Sissy is at school and Daddy is hard at work!  

No comments: