Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No Computer...NO BLOGGING!

Actually, that's not true, I just feel incomplete without my Mac for blogging ;)  Had to go to "genius" bar and get it fixed...bad cable caused monitor to flicker.  I have to say that this is why I do not like to shop online...brick and mortar stores still offer what online cannot: PEOPLE...LIVE people! AND no shipping back and forth.  

It's kind of amazing how kids these days (see, not just adults like myself!) are so into technology these days.  Maddie and Adam went with me to the appt at Apple, which just so happens to be in the Mall, after our story time (did I mention the FREE $10 at Pottery Barn Kids after 5 visits???), and I was very reluctant to let them in the store.  Thomas did mention to me there was a "play area" for the kids, but I figured it was blocks and such, NOT 2 Computers with games on it.  It was so neat to see how they both figured out what they wanted to do and how to move the mighty mouse...lots of people stopped and commented how cute and smart they were ;) PROUD MOMMY moment BEFORE they had me at wit's end later in mall...

Anyways, between Wall-E and Dora games, we managed to actually NOT be yelled at or kicked out of the store...and less than 24 hrs later, I have my laptop back!

I will blog more tonight..as today was not only a big day for Maddie (her 1st day back at school) but I'm getting my hair chopped off! 10 whole inches, to be donated to Locks for Love.

No comments: