Friday, August 29, 2008

Fall...and Sports!

We aren't exactly a "Sports crazed" kind of family, but when it's Fall, we can't help it :)  GO NINERS!!!  oh, and sometimes, GO BRONCOS! (if they aren't playing the 9ers) And with the Olympics this year, we almost forgot the US Open started...

I grew up in a family of 3 boys and 3 girls, and well, I wasn't exactly the one to be picked first in sports, but I did beat out Lynn ;P  The boys are certainly into sports and Quyen somehow just knows all about every sport it seems, even the most trivial facts about random players and sports...I think I got some of my facts from her as well as my love for football and tennis? But I'm definitely more of a 90s sports fan.  I LOVE Petey! (PETE SAMPRAS!) and Steve Young ;)  I tend to follow individuals vs teams, except the 9ers hence the season tickets. No, I do not like Alex Smith (waste of money and draft pick!)  We watch other sports occasionally, like Tiger Woods when it's a major and it's down to the final day of the tournament, volleyball because I actually know what "side out" means from my days of shuttling the boys around in high school for their games...and soccer if my brother in law is around. Oh, I used to watch basketball and the Bulls with Jordan.

Anyways, here are some of our favorite teams...
SF 49ers 
Denver Broncos (ELWAY!!!)
Chicago Bears (with the Fridge :P)

...and because I went to a college that only had 1 year of real football long before I ever even heard of it (my biology teacher in high school played football the 1 year), I follow other college teams:
Notre Dame (GO IRISH!! too bad Rick Mirer didn't do better in pro football)
UCLA/USC (depending on who they are playing...)
Stanford/Cal

Yes, we are fair weather fans too!  I don't think we religiously follow any team but when we're given team A and team B and if A or B happens to be one of the teams above...we side accordingly.

Can't believe it's another season and Football is here! FINALLY...I don't like baseball ;)  Tonight is another pre-season game for the 9ers vs Chargers (Brian and Steven's favorite...and the Trieus of course)...GO NINERS and JT O'sullivan :))) who knew UC Davis can produce someone who trumps a first round draft pick from Utah State?  and I think Alex Smith was a product of Helix High, which was a part of our HS district...

No comments: