Monday, August 25, 2008

Camping...in our backyard Aug. 22nd






So what happens when Mommy goes out with the girls for ONE night?  Daddy and the kids go camping!  I was actually freaked out when I got home at 10:30pm and only the kitchen light was on...NOT NORMAL for my family... the kids do not go to bed when I'm home alone with them until at least 11pm!  I looked around and finally decided to look out the back door and then I saw the tent...went outside and poked at the tent and NO ONE stirred.  Finally, Mark said, "Don't lock the back door!"  I guess the kids wore him out too?!  

I had the entire house to myself and instead of sleeping, I was actually wired and read and watched the Olympics til almost 1am.  Then I woke up at 5:45 (thinking they would all be awake being outside in the cold and sun coming up) and went to get Stan's Donuts (if you have never had Stan's, YOU NEED TO! It's sooooo yummy!!!!) for the family.  Got back and still no sign of any of them being awake so I oddly did a couple loads of laundry...they finally got up around 8 and we had breakfast outside for the 1st time since our backyard has been re-done.  (That is another story...) 

Anyways, the kids LOVED it and even though Mommy is NOT a camper, I'm sure we'll be doing this again...often.  

No comments: