Thursday, October 16, 2008

Peppertree Pumpkin Patch



Lankha's "school" is having one of their annual fundraisers: the Pumpkin Patch on the corner of Union Ave/Camden Ave.  Look for the BIG signs: PEPPERTREE PUMPKIN PATCH!



Since Auntie Yoriko was out volunteering today, we decided to go and support the school :)  It was a bright and sunny day so we all had our hats and shades on, and the kids did manage to pick a couple of pumpkins out of the hundreds!  My stipulation was that they can each pick one that they can carry...Maddie of course, chooses one accordingly...Adam, well...he shuns the "patch" which Maddie chose from since they were all too small for his taste.  So, he turns to me: MOMMY! I WAAAANT THIS ONE! I NEEEEEED THIS ONE!  I HHAAAAVE TO HAVE IT, I LOOOOOOVE IT, MOMMY! IT'S PERFECT FOR ME!  but he doesn't ask me to carry it, instead goes and grabs a wagon, then asks Yoriko to lift it into the wagon for him...and only after he gets it next to the car does he ask me to put it in the car...then again when we are home. 

And he'll be sure to point out that Sissy has the smaller pumpkin in front of our house...I guess all the hard work wore him out...

No comments: