Sunday, February 6, 2011

Momofuku Steamed Buns with Pork!

Momofuku's Steamed Buns with Pork
The finished product :)
The super quick and easy pickled cucumbers...10 minutes, salt and sugar with NO VINEGAR!
Steamed Buns done (all 50 of them!)
Pork marinating over night
In the Steamer
The buns pre-steamed


Inspired by my brother Thomas (aka Chef/Broker), I attempted to make these famous Momofuku Sweet Buns and Pork FROM SCRATCH! "It's super easy!" I was pretty nervous starting this, but because I know my kids LOVE sweet buns and I love peking duck, I thought if I can perfect this dish, it will be a great staple at family get togethers.

I started a little later than I hoped, so I ended up staying up past midnight to get all the buns steamed. But I'm learning to manage my cooking/baking time better (esp. those "let the dough rise" moments :P)!

After all was said and done, I am very proud of myself for attempting this and it was actually EDIBLE, too... BONUS!
Thanks, Thomas for the book and the inspiration :)

p.s. Who knew 10 yrs ago when I was given my 1st Kitchenaid mixer as a wedding gift, I almost burned out the motor and may need to upgrade to a "professional" model...

No comments: