Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011!

Wow! Another year…ending/beginning…

I probably say this EVERY year, but this year: WHERE DID THE TIME GO?! I know holidays and celebrated occasions happen the SAME DATE each year, but this year, it definitely always seemed to have arrived a little too quickly!

Adam is now starting to prepare for Kindergarten next fall: we picked up his registration packet and got appointments set for his 5 year-old check up. My baby is definitely not a baby anymore! He’s a witty, hilarious, yet sensitive little brother…BUT ALLLLL Boy!

Maddie is well, ALLL GIRL! She’s not our Princess for nothing J She LOVES LOVES LOVES school and 1st grade. It definitely shows, too: She is “intrinsically motivated” is what we were told during our parent teacher conference. I think my “anti-pink” campaign while decorating her nursery is coming back at me…FULL VENGEANCE! My daughter loves nothing more than pink and purple!

Mark and I are still working on perfecting Parenting 101! I guess the biggest constant for me is accepting the fact no two kids are alike and we really do not treat our kids “exactly” the same. Between Buzz and Barbie, techie and ballet dancer, there’s really no way they can be equal…because Mommy likes all things cute (like Sissy) and Daddy like cars (as does Boo Boo, his choice of ride depends on which vehicle drives FASTER!) Yes, Mother drives the Mini Van while Daddy drives the manly TRUCK J

All in all, another great year for us! We reflect on how very lucky we have been to be constantly surrounded by friends and family who bring out the best in all of us. The older we get, it seems not much compares to having the best people accompanying you through the journey of life…

May the New Year bring you and your family good health, prosperity, and much love!

No comments: