Friday, August 6, 2010

Tutorial Session


In the spirit of Back To School, the kids got out some workbooks (on their own by the way!) and Maddie decided she was going to "teach" and "help" Adam prepare for Kindergarten. He's still got another year of pre-school, but you know, Maddie wanted to help him get ahead...

They are happily working together...for about 2 minutes...Boo Boo, a little unsure of himself, starts asking Sissy for her correct answers...

Boo: Sissy! is this the right answer?

Maddie: Boo Boo! When you are in kindergarten, you will need to use your own brain! Do you want your brain to be full of MY ideas???

Then, about 15-20 minutes later, Boo is done with this workbook stuff...

Maddie: COME ON BOO BOO! just ONE more page!!!

Boo: No.

Maddie: Do you want to learn?

Boo Boo: I DOoOoOOO (imagine his voice)... just not now.

Exasperated, Maddie tells him they can continue after dinner. HAHAHAHA To their credit, they took out notebook again today and did a couple of more pages. And I have a feeling it's actually helping Sissy more than Boo, she's having to read him the directions and then figure out if he's right or wrong since Mommy was given the "look"... "I am helping him MOMMY!" Sorry, Maddie!

1 comment:

Mashaide said...

That is so cute. I love the comment your daughter made about his brain being full of her ideas. Classic!

Sounds like me talking to the kids. They're always asking me obvious questions like, "What are you doing?" I always answer, "What does it look like I'm doing?" When they answer their own question I look at them like, duh? I'm so mean.