Thursday, July 15, 2010

July...middle of summer?!

Not sure what happened or where the time goes...the kids are growing up so fast! I think this is the first "summer" where I have been able to see the difference. With both of them in school, they are REVELING in "summer vacation": sleeping in, eating whenever they want, no naps unless they want to, but at least they've somewhat kept bedtime at a decent hour (although some days not so much!)

We have never really differentiated our seasons prior to this summer. I guess we just kinda always went with whatever we felt like doing or whatever Daddy was doing/going to do. Now, we actually have to (GASP!) plan ahead and use our "vacation" time efficiently :P That's been a harder task than I thought it would be...hence, our "lack of planning" and being just well, LAZY! It works well for us. No screaming Mommy, no whiny kids, no "emergency" crisis phone calls!

Now, I will back blog because I feel the need to "catch up" and not fall too far behind because I can't believe it's already the middle of July and only 6 weeks since Maddie got out of school and 6 weeks til she enters FIRST grade... time does fly...does it really go by faster as we get older???? I always thought it seemed to go by faster because our lives were filled with more interesting adventures and we just wanted to hang onto those moments longer...hmmmm....

No comments: