Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fried Rice




So anyone who knows me, knows I do NOT "choose" to cook...let alone ASIAN foods! That's what Ba-y and Chu Tung is for :) Anyways, I signed up to bring "rice" for Maddie's class Chinese New Year party. It said "steamed OR fried rice" so I'm thinking, I do know how to pour 8 cups of rice into a cooker. Except I didn't take into account my daughter and her "need" to have fried rice with very specific ingredients, like eggs and chicken. Long story short, she gave me some cute smiles and puppy dog eyes so I made the fried rice. When I warned her I might not have time (left out the lazy factor), she asked me, "Why can't you just order it and ask them to leave out the onions?"

Needless to say, this is the biggest bowl of fried rice I personally have ever made! I took a picture of just the bowl and thought, no one can see how BIG the bowl really is...so the dollar bill might help put it in perspective :) It's the biggest mixing bowl I have! It turned out pretty good I think...I did get some compliments...

No comments: