Thursday, May 21, 2009

de Montelimar Nougats




OMG!!! I am NOT a nougat fan at all...until I ate one of these de Montelimar nougats!  It's so yummmyyyyy!  One of our family friends hand makes these individually wrapped candies...and what an awesome surprise it was to receive a bag, especially during a week when Mark was out of town :)

As soon as I ripped open the bag, ok, after I carefully opened the outer bag, the aroma was incredible!  The pistachio and almond smells were so enticing, especially added to the sugar aspect right?  I can not even begin to describe what the first bite was like, but the second and third, it just made you want to eat another...and another... Most nougats are rather pasty to me, or just way tooo sugary, even with my SWEET tooth!  

YUMMMMM, to order:
nuricandies@gmail.com

fyi: origin of 'de montelimar' is a region in France, for which "nougat" was famously made, and the "simple" recipe of honey, sugar, eggs, pistachio and almonds make it a generic term not a brand :)

No comments: